Fundraising & Events
Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital Foundation raises thousands of dollars for the hospital each year through a series of events it organizes. Our annual events are the Bed Pan Classic Annual Golf Tournament and Christmas in Carleton Place House Tours. This money ensures the patients who come through our doors get the level of care they need and deserve. With your attendance and support of these events, you're making a very real difference in the lives of all our patients.
The Foundation team also supports and provides guidance to the generous community members who host many events throughout the year to raise funds for the Hospital.
Here's just a few of the community fundraising events held this year;
- Car Cruise Nights, held every Wednesday evening from May to September at Market Square in Carleton Place brings beautiful vintage and classic cars together for everyone to be able to see. All proceeds from the weekly 50/50 draw come back to the hospital. Thank you to the following for a fantastic 2019 season: Jeff Shoots, Paul St. Denis, Bev Shoots, Tay Shoots, Luke Coady , Grant Chaplin, Davey Grant, Kevin Percy, Brian Trimble, Dan Moreau. Also to the fantastic sponsors: Coady’s Car Care, Bean Chevrolet, McIntosh Automotive, Tim Hortons, The Twisted Barber, Mitchell’s Independent Grocer, DRS Technologies, Princess Auto, FurturePlus Electrical Supply, The Beckwith Butcher, Benson Auto Parts, Carleton Place Chamber of Commerce, All-Purpose Towing, Carleton Place Car Wash, McPherson’s Auto Repair, Arnprior/Ottawa Auto Parts, Ottawa Fireplace Centre and Patio Shop, Chasing Turkeys Bowling Centre, K.D. Cloth, Derbyshire’s Auto Repair, Almonte Civitan Club, The Doherty Brother’s Band, Hugh Colton, John Chamney, Heather Leary, Neil Graham, Miles Holden, Bruce Draper, Mike Gereaux, Lloyd Chamney, and John & Dee Cote. THANK YOU!
- The Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back this September! Customers are able to purchase a freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie for $1 at restaurants in Carleton Place with 100 per cent of the proceeds proudly donated by Tim Hortons restaurant Owners to support Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital (CPDMH) Foundation. 2019 was the best year yet with $15,000 raised.
- Christmas in Carleton Place House Tours are taking place on December 7th and 8th. This is our 8th year and will include 8 homes and 2 business locations on this year's magical Christmas tour!
- 12 Days of Christmas Raffle! Back again and better than ever, don't miss our on this year's 12 Days of Christmas raffle for great gifts donated by our wonderful community partners!
- Donor Gratitude Events - One of the ways we thank our donors is through Income Tax Reduction & Estate Tax Elimination Presentations. We have secured Michael Caldwell who is a much sought after speaker and financial educator who, for the past 40 years, has been assisting seniors and retirees achieve their retirement goals, reduce their income tax, avoid estate taxes, and most importantly, protect their estate vaues for their loved ones ang those causes that are deeply meaningful to them. If you would like more information, please contact Krista Simpson in the Foundation office.